Medical Marijuana Card in Oklahoma
The Sanctuary Wellness Institute
First Eval: $129 | Renewal: $99
Schedule Your Medical Marijuana Doctor Evaluation
While individual outcomes vary, medical marijuana has been demonstrated to have treatment value for a range of ailments, often eliminating the need for traditional pharmaceuticals.
The Sanctuary Wellness Institute is here to help Oklahoma residents through the entire medical marijuana card application process, starting with an examination by an approved physician.
Our friendly and knowledgeable phone staff will gladly answer any questions you may have and follow up with you to ensure you have all you need to apply for your ID card. Book online or call us at 484-346-5140 to schedule your medical marijuana assessment today.
CALL OR TEXT 484-346-5140 TO SCHEDULE
Love From Customers
Read reviews from our recent customers on Google.
Based on 310 reviews
"FROM THE MOMENT I WALKED IN WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT THE A NICE LADY AT FRONT DESK GREETED ME WITH KINDNESS AND HELPED ME WITH FILLING OUT ALL..."
"THEY RECTIFIED WHAT A FORMER DR DID AND I APPRECIATE THAT MORE THAN ANYTHING. ONLY OTHER ISSUE IS, I REFERRED TWO PEOPLE TO THE FACILITY AND..."
"THE EXPERIENCE WITH SANTUARY IS ALWAYS GOOD THE DOCTORS ARE OPEN AND THEY LISTEN CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS ARE ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP..."
How to Get a Medical Marijuana Card in Oklahoma
Schedule an Appointment with a Certified Medical Marijuana Doctor at the Sanctuary Wellness Institute
The first step is to schedule an appointment with one of our state-certified medical marijuana doctors. You can book online or call us to do so.
Get Approved for an Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Card
Attend your medical marijuana evaluation and discuss your qualifying condition(s) and suitability for cannabis treatment with your doctor. Once they approve you for medical marijuana treatment, they’ll issue you a Physician Recommendation Form.
Submit a Medical Marijuana Card Application to the State
Once you receive your Physician Recommendation Form, you can submit an application for a medical marijuana adult patient license through the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority’s online portal. The OMMA charges a $100 application fee ($20 for veterans and people with proof of enrollment in Medicare or Medicaid).
Visit a Dispensary Near You to Buy Medical Marijuana
Once you obtain your Oklahoma adult patient license, you’ll be able to purchase medical cannabis products from state-licensed dispensaries.
Medical Marijuana in Oklahoma
Medical marijuana is available in Oklahoma for a variety of medical conditions. It's crucial to talk to your doctor about your symptoms because some chronic ones that don't respond to medical treatment may qualify you for Oklahoma's medical marijuana program.
Call or text (484) 346-5140 with any questions and to schedule your evaluation!
Oklahoma Qualifying Conditions
The Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Card has a few qualifying conditions. These conditions are:
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Cachexia and wasting syndrome
- Chronic pain and fibromyalgia
- Crohn’s Disease and Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Epilepsy and other seizure disorders
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Tourette’s Syndrome
Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Card Requirements
To obtain an adult patient license in Oklahoma, you must meet the following criteria:
- You are at least 18 years of age (unless designating a qualified caregiver)
- You have proof of your identity (such as a driver’s license, passport, or tribal ID)
- You have proof of your Oklahoma residency (such as a driver’s license, tax return, property deed, rental agreement, or utility bill)
- You have been diagnosed with one of the state’s qualifying conditions
- You have obtained a Physician Recommendation Form
The possession limits for a patient with a state-issued license are as follows:
- Up to 8 ounces of marijuana in their residence
- Up to 3 ounces of marijuana on their person
- Up to 1 ounce of concentrated marijuana
- Up to 72 ounces of edible marijuana
- Up to 6 mature marijuana plants
- Up to 6 marijuana seedling plants
Benefits of Having an Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Card
Some of the numerous benefits of having an Oklahoma adult patient license include:
- Legal protection to buy, possess, and use medical cannabis products in the state of Oklahoma
- Legal protection to cultivate marijuana at home
- Access to a wide variety of high-quality medical marijuana products from Oklahoma dispensaries
- The ability to use your Oklahoma MMJ card in other states that offer reciprocity
- Protection from employment discrimination for being a medical marijuana patient (unless in a safety-sensitive role)
How to Renew Your Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Card
Oklahoma adult patient licenses are valid for two years from their date of issuance. You can apply to renew your license up to 30 days before it expires.
To renew your license, you must follow these steps:
- Schedule an appointment with a licensed Oklahoma medical marijuana doctor
- Attend your appointment and obtain a new Physician Recommendation Form
- Submit your renewal application and pay the state’s $100 fee ($20 for veterans and people with proof of enrollment in Medicare or Medicaid)
In addition to the Physician Recommendation Form, your renewal application will require the following documents:
- Proof of identity
- Proof of Oklahoma residency
- A recent passport-style photograph for your new patient license
- Proof of Medicare/Medicaid/Disabled Veteran status (if applicable)
Frequently Asked Questions
Prospective medical marijuana patients in Oklahoma must provide proof of identity, proof of Oklahoma residency, and a Physician Recommendation Form to apply for an adult patient license.
Qualifying conditions in Oklahoma include conditions like anxiety, cancer, chronic pain, and PTSD. Any condition can qualify you for medical cannabis treatment as long as your doctor determines it would be beneficial.
To issue a Physician Recommendation form, an Oklahoma physician must:
- Be in good standing with the State Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision, the State Board of Osteopathic Examiners, or the State Board of Podiatric Medical Examiners
- Use accepted standards a reasonable and prudent physician would follow when recommending any medication to a patient
- Not be located at the same physical address of a dispensary (including virtual appointments with patients who are at a dispensary)
Contact the Sanctuary today to book a medical marijuana evaluation with a certified physician.
Residents of other states who have state-issued medical marijuana cards can apply for a 30-day Oklahoma patient license. Out-of-state applicants must provide their out-of-state MMJ card, an acceptable photo, and proof of identity as part of the application process. The state charges a $100 out-of-state patient license processing fee.